Monday, November 29, 2010

Really Bad Day

A funny thing happened Sunday morning.  You probably didn't notice it, but I did.  The sun came up, the air was breathable, and there were no cats and dogs living together.  It is very reassuring to learn that after Iowa loses to Minnesota AND USC loses to Notre Dame in the same day, life will, in fact go on.  As RoJo dropped the wide open winning TD pass or as Mitch threw the final game ending interception, I prepared for the End of Days.

Anyway, I know that someone at work was happy about the Domers pulling off the first win over SC since 2001.  I snapped the photos above last month when I happened to park next to a contemporary of my college days.  My car is the one with the USC 93 plate . . . oh . . . you knew that already?  Good.

As an aside, Subarus are very common in Iowa City.  It has more to do wth the adverse weather conditions of the area rather than with the auto preference of a certain sexual orientation group common in our town. 
As described in a Subaru ad, here they dont ask what kind of car you drive, they ask what color is your Subaru. 


I just couldn't resist this one last dig at the Domers.  They have been through some long, lean years, and yet they never lose their spirit.  That is an admirable quality.  They may lose to Navy and Tulsa but they still have some of the best tailgaiting in the Midwest.  If you can't be successful, at least enjoy doing it poorly, as per the Cub fans.



Fight on,

Hans

No comments: